Wednesday, January 25, 2006

More distractions...

Well again, I have been realizing how many of my students are special education--not by my judgment but because they are on an IEP. No wonder I cannot teach much and they are satisfied with meaningless rote tasks (on my view).

Too many of my students cannot focus for more than 10 minutes. And if we had to change tasks every 1o minutes we would have to have about 12 different activities to keep the buggers busy to the two hours I have them.

I am going to investigate my rights again: I believe I am still entitled to an aide, training, etc. And just to stir the shit, I am going to ask that the students be moved somewhere else. Share the wealth. Why should I have to take all the hyper, slow, and idiotic ones--all day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home